Self-Inspection, 3D Modelling, Management and Quality-Check Tools for the 21st Century Construction Worksite (Horizon 2020)
Durée : 2015-2018
Financement : RIA – Research and Innovation action, H2020-EeB-2014
Consortium : Nobatek, CERMA ensa Nantes (France), Institute of Mechanics and Engineering of Bordeaux University of Bordeaux (France), Blue Industry and Science, Paris (France), LOGIREP, Suresnes, (France), Passive House Institute, Darmstadt (Germany), VRM Technology Ltd, London (United Kingdom), Lakehouse Ltd, Romford (United Kingdom), University of Nottingham (United Kingdom), BSRIA Limited, Bracknell (United Kingdom), Netherlands Organisation For Applied Scientific Research, Delft (Netherlands), ETH Zurich (Switzerland), Orascon Huarte Lain, Madrid (Spain), ASCAMM, Cerdanyolas Del Valles (Spain), FUNITEC, Barcelona (Spain), De Cinque Linear House, San Salvo (Italy), R2M Solution, Catania (Italy), Durkan Ecofix, Dublin (Ireland), Oran Precast Ltd, Galway (Ireland), National University of Ireland, Galway (Ireland).
Built2Spec brings together a new and breakthrough set of technological advances for self-inspection and quality assurance that will be put into the hands of construction stakeholders to help meeting EU energy efficiency targets, new build standards, and related policy ambitions.
B2S will expand upon a cloud based construction support platform, conceived following the most advanced integrated design and delivery framework for the building sector and hosting applications that facilitate worksite activities and quality compliance by putting knowledge in hands of contractors, in the form of shared design specifications and 3D models, installation guidelines, information on regulatory frameworks, and help from construction experts on smartphones and tablets.
New self-inspection technologies managed within the platform and developed in the project include:
- Special IR camera in smartphones coupled with new mathematical « reverse » models for on-the-fly analysis of existing buildings envelope thermal properties
- Rapid BIM modelling via instant 3D capture with smartphones, passed via the cloud to the refurbishment team back-office, allowing accurate instant energy efficiency evaluation, quality check and streamlined quotation process
- Portable, innovative low pressure air tightness technique allowing testing of occupied buildings
- Smart sensor-embedded construction elements (identification, structural performance, and building environment parameters)
- Portable single device for Indoor Air Quality tests offering multi-gas capabilities targeting the most harmful gas pollutants
- A novel lightweight portable sound source for on-site acoustic tests to regulation compliance
A novel lightweight portable sound source for on-site acoustic tests to regulation compliance
The B2S system will be integrated into the operations of SME contractors, large construction firms, and end user clients directly within the consortium and work program activities, assuring systematic and scientific performance measures, feedback and powerful exploitation and dissemination strategies.
Website : http://built2spec-project.eu/